Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I know what you're thinking ... Rachelle is the worst blogger, 3 blogs in like a year ... I would agree with you! Here's the thing, I knew I wouldn't be good any good at this, my journal entries jump from January to April - one page right after the other ... but hey at least I have a "few" memories to look back on! :)
Anyways, I hope you enjoy the update! I have been back in Taiwan since February this year, after spending time at home over Christmas break, which was incredible by the way - to see family & friends, to rest & to have my socks blessed off. Thanks to all of you who played a part in my time at home - I came back to Taiwan feeling like I had people who really believed in me and are a part of what I am doing here.

I have been staffing the School of Biblical Studies, we are nearing the end of our first quarter - I actually get to teach for the first time in the school this coming Monday. I will be teaching the book of Hebrews, and would love to blog about what God is teaching me, although I think I will wait until next week after my teaching is finished. :)

We have 57 amazing students here studying the word of God with all their hearts, It's really awesome to be a part of what God is doing here. I feel so blessed and privileged that I get to be a part of something that is expanding the gospel throughout Asia. I am excited to see where God takes these students after they complete the school this coming December - I know and believe God has incredible things in store for them, places they are called to Go and teach others the knowledge they have been given in this season. Partner in prayer with us that they would make the most of this time, and gain EVERYTHING they can of God in studying, giving out, and in making solid deep relationships with each other and with the Taiwanese. We are almost 3 months into the school, and have 6 more to go, so prayer for endurance in studying is really appreciated. This year along with teaching Hebrews I will also be teaching the book of Joshua and Ecclesiastes. I am excited to learn even more about God's word - that's something I have been blown away by this year - that no matter how much I study, there is so much more to learn... the word of God is so rich!

As far as what God is up to here in Taiwan, we are seeing people come to know him, and it's often a long process but it's a solid one once that change is made in a heart. I love seeing the fruit that comes out of the Taiwanese lives that give their lives over to serve God. As a base we have been challenged with the way that we are living out evangelism - that we wouldn't "sugar-coat" the gospel but really show the reality of what people are giving their lives to, this has challenged and rocked me. I know I have such a HUGE responsibility to make God known here. As I was running this morning and looking out over the city I live in ... as I looked at all the buildings I was so overwhelmed by the thousands of people here that are still in desperate need of the gospel, of life ... I am desperate for God to give me more of an eternal perspective, that as I look at people I would see so much more than the physical but that I would see their need for Christ, the emptiness inside of them without him. That they aren't alive without salvation!
Wow, God please use us!

That's all for now - I would love to hear from all of you to see what God is up to in your lives.
Much Love,
Rachelle

No comments:

Post a Comment