Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Land Down Under: Transition time...again.

I have struggled with what to call or name this blog post because let's face it, it contains some pretty crazy, unexpected and huge changes that have been taking place in my life. 


As most of you know I have been working with the School of Biblical Studies here in Taiwan for the past 3 years. God brought me here with a vision to be a part of this school and to develop my knowledge for the Word, my passion for God and to be transformed through it all. I have developed a love for Taiwan and many other nations living here. I know that I have grown and matured into more of the person God created me to be and I have come to see many of the areas I have been gifted in and many others that I have had the opportunity to grow in! There are so many of those areas...to name a few areas I feel that have grown or have been developed in me would look a bit like this: Teaching, Discipleship, Evangelism & Commitment. There is so many things I could say about my time here and I'm sure over the next few months I will be processing a lot of it on here. 


You might be wondering now why I am saying all of this... and I am about to tell you. 


I believe that God has used my time here in Taiwan to develop a heart and calling to pioneer a school in Australia called the Titus Project as well as partnering with the School of Biblical Studies there as they have a need for experienced staff to join them in critical areas. The SBS is a new plant in Australia, it's only on it's 2nd year there, but is growing so quickly, it's so awesome to see how God is working there. The Titus project is an outreach phase to the SBS, where graduates will then take the inductive method to teach to many church pastors, leaders, etc. into areas where bible training is very limited and needed. The main focus that Australia will have is on the south pacific islands. There is a need and request for Bible teachers to come teach in many of these islands. 


Anyways, there is so much more that I could say...and want to share with you all. But for now this blog's purpose is to ask for your prayers as I will be MOVING TO AUSTRALIA after this year in Taiwan finishes in December. This is going to be a hard transition for me to leave many amazing people and investments here in Taiwan but it's also a very exciting change that I am looking forward to with all my heart. 


Please write me if you have any questions, thoughts, etc. I would love to hear from each of you. Please be praying for me as I will be going to pioneer Titus this coming July ... but then will return to Taiwan for the rest of the year until SBS finishes up in December. I will go back to the States for around 5 months in between this transition to meet with my supporters & spend time with my Church who all invest so much in me! I am so grateful to have such incredible people a part of my life. Seriously blessed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment