Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Hope Ahead

I'm not someone who often thinks about Heaven. From time to time it will cross my mind, that one day I will find myself in a physical sense standing in the presence of God, but that "one day" can sometimes feel a thousand miles away. 
Recently I've really been thinking about Heaven, and the hope that I have ahead of me...that I have a hope that no matter how great or how awful my day goes I still have joy because I know a God that desires for me to spend time with Him ... that I don't only get to spend time with him here and now but that I get a hope of being with Him forever. I have that to hold onto. 
As I was walking to meet a friend tonight, I was overwhelmed by this joy... and even though I am waiting to meet Him there in Heaven one day and that I have to continue running strong and running this race...pursuing relationship with my Creator, the one that loves me without condition ... As good as it is now, it's only going to get better. That's the hope I have. And once I get there, oh how beautiful that will be... that I will get to experience what Mary & Martha once were able to do.. to just sit at the feet of Jesus. 


Jesus, the one who poured himself out through his death upon the cross, the one who is exalted and raised up, the name above every name, the King of Glory, the Lord of the Heavens & Earth,  the Son, the one who regins, he who is the always the same yesterday, today & forever. 
He will be waiting for me. I have hope and full assurance of that through my faith. 


Do you ever dream of eternity? It's amazing that hearts as hard as ours can be changed and loved by this holy God. That He washes away our sin. That He welcomes us in. 


We were created to worship Him and trust me it will be worth it. 



"Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.
Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted." ~Hebrews 12:1-3 

No comments:

Post a Comment