Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Sovereign in all things

God showed me an incredible amount of His sovereignty over my life today...
I often thought of God being sovereign in areas such as his ruling over the world, over weather, leaders of nations, the length of our lives or in our salvation. I've heard the message of God being sovereign over every area of our lives, but I'm not sure I ever really spent a lot of time thinking about that until today.
That He has supreme and ultimate power over every area of my life... whether that is who I will marry, my ministry, my family, etc. That in every decision I make God's in that decision, no matter how big or small it might seem to me. Wow, He loves and cares for me that much! 
The thought that there are absolutely no boundaries to God's providence and his dominion. Just like it says in Romans 11:36 "For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen." 
My response to this truth is simple, it's trust. It's just about TRUSTING Him. The Creator and Ruler of all things. Nothing is beyond God's concern for me or his control over my life. He knows the very number of hairs upon my head. I struggle with trusting God in some pretty big areas of my life. Area's that for some reason I feel like I should control when in fact I do a horrible job at managing them. I desire to learn how to be surrendered in Trust to his sovereignty. That I would follow and not try to lead. 


Are you surrendered to His sovereignty in your life? 


I know I need this idea and understanding of God's sovereignty to grow in my life, every single day. His grace, comfort, love & providence are an everyday need. 


Revelation 4:11
"Worthy are you, our Lord and God,

to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
and by your will they existed and were created.”

No comments:

Post a Comment